Sunday, July 25, 2010

Evaluating Sources



Evaluating Sources
Denise M. Augenstein
07/25/10

My first source for my paper was found on the JSTOR website. I was very limited on my search topics and there was almost nothing I could use in the article I found. Since it was the only article on the subject here I evaluated it. The author of the article is Deborah Hooker; she is a published author of short stories and novels. She has also written for “The Southern Journal”. This information was obtained on muse.jhu.edu which is the muse journal website. The article was published in 2006 and had several pages of references for its content. I also looked up one of the sources and did not have difficulty finding it on the web. I did not use this article in my paper as I had found two excellent books on the topic I wished to study prior to the citation requirements being changed.

The web source I used to define the terms cults and brainwashing were found on Wikipedia. While I understand that this website is made up of anonymous authors and anyone can change the content of the pages I trusted what I found. These particular search terms were similarly defined on other websites and on the Wiki site they were write protected as they are both delicate subjects. This site is constantly updated and both terms had more than 30 references behind them.

www.//www.jstor.org.proxy.yc.edu
www.wikipeida.org

No comments:

Post a Comment